Top Signs that Replacement Siding is Needed
How to Tell When Your Siding Needs Replaced
Replacing your home’s siding is a large investment to make but it can do wonders for your Oklahoma City home. That’s why we carry our high-performance composite siding at Community Builders of Oklahoma City. Our vinyl composite siding is designed to help maximize the efficiency, durability, and beauty of any style home. Our siding comes from one of the leaders in the world of composite siding, Cedar Ridge®. This particular siding is known for its innovative insulating technology and hand-milled cedar beauty. Even though replacement siding can do wonders for your home, it can also be quite painful to replace siding if it doesn’t need it. That’s why we’re here to help you decide when new siding is necessary.
Signs You Need Siding
- High Energy Bills: Your siding’s primary job is to protect your home, which includes protection from high energy usage. Siding should protect against the various forms heat transfer. The Cedar Ridge siding we carry is fused with Neopor® foam backing that provides extra insulation.
- Rotting or Warping: If you’re siding has signs of rotting or warping, then it’s not performing as it should. These are typical signs of moisture that’s become trapped behind your siding. This can cause major damage to the material beneath it.
- Cracked or Loose Siding: One of the consequences of having cracked or loose is moisture gathering behind it. This leads to significant damage to your wooden underside of homes.
- Loose Wallpaper or Peeling Paint Inside: This is something that’s harder to notice but still very significant. If the wallpaper or paint on the inside of your home is peeling or loose, it could mean that water has bypassed your siding and saturated the walls. The water will begin bleeding through to the other side, which causes the paint or wallpaper to peel.
- Fungus, Mold, and Mildew Growth: The growth of fungus, mold, or mildew at the seams of your siding or around the edges is a sure sign that water is collecting in the space between it and your wall. This means your siding is no longer protecting the outer wall of your home from moisture, which leads to several other issues.
- Bubbled or Blistered Siding: Siding that’s exposed to extreme amounts of heat or moisture can start to bubble or blister. This typically happens if the siding installation is faulty or if moisture has become trapped beneath the siding.
Trust the Siding Experts at Community Builders of Oklahoma City
These are just some of signs that indicate you need replacement siding. We highly suggest that you seek professional assistance if your siding suffers any of these warning signs. The sooner you take action against such defects, the less damage your home will incur. Don’t let your home get ruined by water damage, instead, contact us to schedule a free consultation.