High-Quality Vinyl Composite Siding vs. Standard Vinyl Siding
Which Siding is Right for Your Oklahoma City Home?
There are several options available when it comes to replacing the siding of your Oklahoma City home. This can make the decision rather difficult for homeowners that don’ know much about siding types and how they compare to one another. At Community Builders of Oklahoma City, we believe in granting our customers the knowledge they need to make an informed decision. Of the available siding types, composite and vinyl are two of the most popular. Each has its own unique advantages that is often the determining factor in which you choose.
Vinyl Composite Siding’s Advantages Over Vinyl Siding:
- Energy Efficiency: Our Cedar Ridge vinyl composite siding produces an R-Value that’s up to 19% higher than other sidings, including vinyl. The Neopor® technology it uses produces a solidly constructed insulated foam backing that protects against heat transfer and moisture.
- Strength & Durability: The TXL™ Lamination Technology our siding uses fuses the siding panel and insulated foam together. This is one of the reasons that our siding is rated as having 200% more strength than other insulated composite sidings, including fiber cement and vinyl.
- Impact Resistance: Other benefits of having a fused foam backing are increases of up to 240% with impact resistance and 45% more noise reduction.
- Natural Beauty: Our Cedar Ridge vinyl composite material is made using of natural hand-milled cedar to give our siding a natural wood grain finish without any high-maintenance drawbacks.
Vinyl Siding Pros over Composite:
- Affordability: Vinyl is currently the cheapest siding option available. This is primarily due to low production costs and high availability.
- Easy Installation: Vinyl siding is a prefabricated, lightweight material that makes for quick and easy installation. Many homeowners attempt to install vinyl siding themselves. We advise against this as DIY installation will vary.
- Low-Maintenance: Vinyl siding is largely considered extremely low-maintenance and typically only needs to be washed once every couple of years.
Make Your Siding Decision
Deciding which siding is best for your home largely depends on the homeowner’s preference. We’ve broken down the distinct characteristics that separates our vinyl composite siding with the lesser vinyl siding; the rest is really up to you. Neither siding needs to be painted so both are low maintenance. Our Cedar Ridge composite has a clear advantage as far as aesthetics, strength, durability, and energy efficiency. If you still can’t decide, then the professionals at Community Builders of Oklahoma City are more than happy to help. All you need to do is contact us today and set up a free consultation.