Learn How to Tell You Need New Windows
Signs of Lackluster Window Performance
Homeowners tend to disregard window performance for one of two reasons: they lack the finances for replacement windows or they don’t know the signs of failing windows. At Community Builders of Oklahoma City, our window experts can help you with both of these issues. We are always running special offers that make high-quality replacement windows affordable to anyone. Our knowledge concerning window replacement is also a valuable asset when it comes to identifying underperforming windows. To aid in the battle against energy-loss, here are some warning signs of failing windows.
Signs You Need Replacement Windows:
- Old and Dated: If your windows aren’t modern, then they don’t possess the energy saving technologies needed to perform efficiently. This results in losing more energy and higher energy costs for Oklahoma City homeowners. Our windows optimize your home’s energy efficiency.
- Physical Damage: Damage to a window’s glass or frame significantly impacts its performance and structural integrity. Energy-saving capabilities decrease as heat transfer occurs at a faster rate through the damaged areas. Warping is another cause for concern since it can cause your glass to crack due to increased stress.
- Drafts from the Window: Feeling drafts every time you walk by your window is a sure sign that you’re losing heat and air through it. An airtight installation of a window made with high-quality durable materials prevents this from occurring.
- Difficulty of Operation: Windows that are out of balance windows have a tendency to be difficult to operate. They are prone to being hard to open and close as well as slamming shut. This malfunction also makes it easier for air, water, and other irritants to get in your home.
- Condensation: A natural occurrence to areas around your window and on its exterior surface, condensation is, typically not cause for concern. However, if it forms between the panes of your window, it means there’s a problem with the seal. This results in losing the valuable insulating qualities of your multi-pane windows.
Don’t Overlook Your Windows’ Efficiency
Once you know the warning signs, windows are easy to maintain on your Oklahoma City home. All windows need to be replaced eventually and now you know how to tell when. Once the time does come for window replacement, the experts at Community Builders of Oklahoma City are ready to help. Our stellar installations and products can increase the beauty and efficiency of any home. Additionally, our specialized knowledge ensures that we can make sure your Oklahoma City home receives the improvements it needs. Stop letting your energy dollars fly out your dated windows and contact us today to schedule a free consultation.