Benefits Metal Roofing Brings to Your Home
Learn the Truth Behind Metal Roofing
Metal roofing is not a new concept but it has only recently become a popular choice among homeowners. The slow rise in popularity has largely been due to several myths about metal roofing, lackluster aesthetic, and expense. Thanks to availability of materials and technological advancements, the expense and aesthetic are no longer an issue. Additionally, the experts at Community Builders of Oklahoma City are finally setting the record straight regarding the myths and facts about metal roofing.
Popular Metal Roofing Facts
- Metal roofs last a lifetime: Metal roofs are proven to last at least 40-50 years, which means you’ll most likely never need to have it replaced. Additionally, we back our roofs with a limited lifetime transferable warranty of 40 years to strengthen your peace of mind.
- Performs well against snow and ice: Metal roofs stand strong against all weather conditions including ice, snow, and ice dams. It’s in their design to be ice and snow-shedding roof systems.
- Fire Proof: Our metal roofs carry a UL Class 4 fire resistance rating, which is one of the highest.
- Low Maintenance: Metal roofs won’t rot, split, crack, chip, warp, or dry-out. Plus, they don’t foster infestations of rodents and insects.
- High Potential for Return on Investment: Homeowners can typically recoup between 80% and 90% of the roofing cost. Energy efficiency also plays a large role in recouping the cost of metal roofs. Plus, some insurance companies offer discounts for homes with metal roofing.
Popular Metal Roofing Myths
- Metal roofs are noisy in rain: It’s been proven that when metal roofing systems are installed over a solid roof sheathing they produce decibel levels comparable to standard shingle roofs.
- Increases the likelihood of lightning strikes: This myth most likely came the common knowledge of metal being a conductive material for electricity. Unless your home is the highest structure during a lightning storm, its chances of being struck remain relatively low even with a metal roof. In fact, metal roofs are better protection against lightning since they safely disperse the energy through the structure and are fire resistant.
- Unappealing Aesthetic: Modern technology has made this a falsity as metal roofs can now be just as attractive as traditional shake, tile, and asphalt. Natural-stone coating technology for metal roofs from Community Builders of Oklahoma City allows metal roofs to simulate more traditional roofing materials.
Metal Roofing for Homes in Oklahoma City
Hopefully, we’ve cleared up some of the things that have hindered metal roofing’s popularity in Oklahoma City. Many of the perceived disadvantages of metal roofing have either been found false or stem from outdated information. At Community Builders of Oklahoma City, we only provide the most current, up-to-date information about all of our products so you can make an informed decision. To learn more about what metal roofing can do for your home, contact us.