The Significance of Keeping Your Gutters Clean
Avoid Costly Damage Stemming from Clogged Gutters
Clogged gutters can cause major damage to your Oklahoma City home, some of which can take tens of thousands of dollars to repair. Of these damages, it is perhaps foundation damage that is the scariest. Unfortunately, the costly damage doesn’t stop there. In fact, there is a myriad of other issues that can arise, some of which can be just as costly. At Community Builders of Oklahoma City, we want your home to stay safe from the damages incurred from gutter clogs. That’s why we carry a premier gutter protection system from GutterPro USA. We want you to avoid suffering from the costly damage we’ve seen, all of which stemmed from clogged gutters.
What Clogged Gutters Do to Your Home
- Basement Flooding: A clogged gutter system leads to pooling around the base of your home. This leads to water leaking into your basement by seeping through cracked walls, bad window seals, or any other opening it can find. This will be subject your basement to flooding, mold and mildew growth, and many other types of water damage.
- Foundation Damage: Once water begins to pool around the base of your home, its foundation is immediately in danger due to the saturation of the soil. This causes expansion and contraction which puts undue stress on your foundation causing cracks and destabilization.
- Erode Landscaping: The constant overflow of water from your roof erodes your landscape as it runs off into the street. This leaves an unsightly blemish on your landscape.
- Ice Dams: Clogged gutters greatly increase the chance of ice dams forming. This is because clogged gutters block water that is trying to run off the roof. In freezing temperatures, the water will freeze where it’s blocked to form ice dams.
- Wood Rot: When clogged gutters overflow, the water also bubbles over the back of the gutter where it is attached to your fascia board. This will rot your fascia board over time and even cause water damage to your roof and behind the siding.
Protect Your Oklahoma City Home with Gutter Covers
Now that you know just how hazardous clogged gutters can be to your home, you can see why gutter covers are a wise investment that can potentially save you tens of thousands of dollars. The gutter protection system we carry at Community Builders of Oklahoma City is designed to make sure that your Oklahoma City home remains protected from water damage. Our unique system operates on the principle of liquid adhesion and features a full cover system supported by our patented ProBracket®. Don’t take risk let a little thing like clogged gutters cost you a lot of money, contact us to learn more about our efficient gutter protection system.